Serenity Now! Massage Therapy
Jane Wilson, LMT, CRM
Classes and Instruction
Medical Massage Therapy Terms
Medicine" starts with good communication.
1. Swedish Massage -a variety of therapeutic touch techniques using pressure, stroking , friction, kneading, vibration, percussion, and joint movement to promote relaxation and relieve stress. It increases flexibility and range of motion, lowers blood pressure, increases blood and lymph circulation, loosens tight muscles, helps remove metabolic waste and toxins, increases red blood cell counts, reduces chronic pain, strengthens the immune system, and improves skin and muscle tone. Swedish massage can have profound effects on your physical, mental, and emotional well being.
2. Reflexology -a pressure point method using the thumb to apply specific pressure to reflex points on the feet and hands to activate energy flow in all areas and organ systems of the body. Reflexology deals with the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all of these areas. This is not only quite relaxing, but supports the body's balance and detoxification.
3. Reiki -A completely non-invasive means of delivering universal life force (energy) through the hands of the practitioner to the client on all levels (physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual). Excellent for reducing pain, stress, and promoting a sense of relaxation. A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing warm radiance flowing through and around you, restoring feelings of peace, security, and well being.
4. On Site Chair Massage - We come to you! Seated in a special forward facing massage chair, you receive neck, shoulder, and back massage at your desk or function, without oil and fully clothed.
1. Chi Lel Qigong - A 5000 year
old Chinese practice sometimes called "the mother of Tai Chi", it literally
means "exchanging energy with nature for the purpose of healing".
for Partners - Can be private or in a classroom setting. Usually we
focus on back, neck,shoulders, and sometimes feet. Instruction can be
customized to personal health needs. 30 years of experience creates a
fun and productive opportunity.